The Fount Networks PBX Platform offers 3 methods of Call Parking.
1. Dynamic: the User dials the star code ” *** ” during an active call and it is automatically parked in the first available parking lot. The system will then announce the lot number the call was placed in. (Good)
2. Static: The User will transfer the call to a specific parking lot. (Better)
3. One Button: Another version of static parking where the User presses a line key and the call is automatically parked on that button / lot number. Currently Yealink and GrandStream devices support this option. (Best)
Some Things to Know.
- All methods require creating the Parking lots first. Most customers are good with 3-5 lots but you may create as many as needed.
- All Parking Lots must have an extension / lot number in the 701 – 729 range.
- All methods of parking support presence. This allows you to see if a call is in the lot or not.
- One Button Park is the preferred method by most Users. Especially Users migrating from a key system. It offers the easiest way to park and un-park calls and is most similar to the way key systems work.
- Parking Lots are created and managed in the Queues section of the PBX Portal.
Parking Lot Extension Ranges.
- (701 – 709) Are reserved for Dynamic parking lots.
- (710 – 719) Are reserved for Static and One Button parking lots with Ringback enabled.*
- (720 – 749) Are reserved for Static and One Button parking lots.
*The default ringback timer is 5 minutes (300 seconds). Instructions to adjust this timer are located below.
Create a Parking Lot.
This requires admin or office manager access.
1. Log in to the PBX as an Admin or Office Manager.
2. Go to the Call Queues page and click Add Queue.
3. In the Add a Call Queue Window enter a Name, Extension and select the Type of “Call Park“
- Name: Lot 1
- Extension: 701
- Type: Call Park
How to Adjust Ringback Timer
1. Identify the Parking extension number
2. Go to the Users page.
3. Uncheck “Hide System Users” at the bottom right of the page.
4. Click the extension for the queue user you want to adjust.
5. Go to the Answering Rules page and adjust the ring timeout as needed.
6. Return to the Users page to hide the system users again.